I had the pleasure of taking my sister and her 2 kiddos out for some Mommy & Me portraits this morning. We had so much fun and my little munchkin found herself right in the middle of them too! Enjoy!
This is one of my new favorites! Simple, healthy and delicious it makes the best weeknight meal. We buy a lot of our meats and fish in bulk at Sam’s so all we have to do is pull it out of the freezer when we need it. This last month we stocked up on tilapia. The first recipe I tried was a big fat fail, but this one turned out to be amazing! Even the toddler loved it!
- 4-6 tilapia fillets
- salt, pepper and olive oil
- fresh cilantro
1. Rinse tilapia fillets and pat dry, then season with salt and pepper (we use sea salt and fresh cracked pepper… it doesn’t take much!)
2. Pan fry in a large skillet with olive oil just until the tilapia flakes (approx. 2-3 minutes on each side)
3. Set tilapia aside to rest.
4. Warm tortillas and add tilapia to the center.
5. Chop cilantro and place some on top of the tilapia.
6. Halve the avocado and slice into thin slices then add on top of fish and cilantro (if you only need to use a portion of the avocado, I learned that leaving the seed in and squeezing lemon or lime juice just over the exposed portion will keep it fresh for a few days!)
7. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top and enjoy!
Excuse the poor photos… I was cooking dinner and wrestling a toddler since the hubby was at work!
Choosing the location of your family portrait session is so important. I spend hours upon hours (and who knows how many gallons of gas) searching out all the perfect spots around town. So how do we choose the perfect location for YOUR next portrait session?
Choose a place where you and your loved ones come alive!
How do you like to spend your free time? Do you like going for walks or having picnics in the park? Are shopping trips downtown your thing? Do you prefer hanging out at home? The most important thing about the location of your portrait session is your comfort. If you love being outside in wide open spaces, the downtown mall probably isn’t the best place for your family session.
Choosing the location for your session is important. Sometimes it can make your portraits even better or it can hinder them from being as great as they could be. That’s what I’m here for! We will work together to choose the perfect location for you and your family. You can choose from a list of locations I know and have used before or we can find a new location just for you!
Several months ago we decided, as a family, to start eating clean. For us, that meant more whole foods such as veggies and fruits and lean meats. We also started drinking smoothies every morning. I was so amazed with how a simple diet change could affect how I felt. Kevin and I both felt it. Being severely anemic there are very few times when I’m not completely worn down and exhausted. But when we started incorporating more green leafy veggies and whole foods in our diet, I felt incredible! This is one of the smoothies that has become a staple in our daily diet. You can use it as a base and add whatever fruits and veggies to it you’d like. Occassionally I’ll also add some greek yogurt for the extra protein or cinnamon for the extra boost in metabolism. Even my daughter loves this smoothie!
-fresh kale leaves
-frozen mango chunks
-frozen avocado chunks
I don’t particularly care for the taste of kale, so I tend to try to hide it with some fresh strawberries and greek yogurt. Enjoy!
It’s Tuesday! Again! The past week really got away from me. Today’s recipe is another one of my favorites. We actually just had it for dinner last night. I love being able to come home from work and cook a good healthy dinner. I especially love when that healthy dinner only takes all of 20 minutes to put together. The beauty about this recipe is that you can even use leftover chicken that you grilled up over the weekend. In fact, that’s how we make it most of the time. Enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps
-sweet corn (we use the steamable bags of sweet corn)
-grilled chicken (leftover or fresh is fine!)
1. Slice chicken and place in a bowl with lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro.
2. Steam corn and add to bowl with chicken.
3. Wash lettuce and seperate.
4. Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce and top with black beans.
Voila! You have a wonderfully healthy and delicious meal! It’s also great with avocado and salsa!